Saturday, April 4, 2009

Once Upon a Cabin Dank and Dreary

I finished taking the hearth out of the cabin today. It was a four foot square made of 2x4s filled with old bricks, sand, and a little ash and sawdust. I don't like brick. Its functionality is too poor for me, so I stuck them in the driveway to serve as gravel.



It's dark and damp in the place. That really messes with someone prone to depression like me. After about a half hour I really need to get out of the place. I really need to get some lights in the place so I can work in there.Before I put lights in there, I need to clean up the wiring. It was originally wired with both 12 volts and 120 volts. I need to go in with my wire cutters and do some pruning. The blue plastic electrical box you see is warped from the heat of the wood stove that was in here.


Before I do that, I need to get it to stop raining inside harder than it rains outside. I think I found the leak sources in the upper roof. I'll see if I can take care of that Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment