Monday, April 20, 2009

Plans, Blueprints, and Architects

Any time you build a house you need blueprints to plan out what you are doing. If you have money and plan to hire out help, you will probably need to get an architect to draw up a set of plans. Since I have no money and am doing all the work myself, I get to be my own architect. I loaded Gimp onto my laptop, poured myself a cup of coffee, and drew them up.



I had Kinkos print it up big, and then I started writing notes on it.I will need to install two drain pipes before the concrete is poured. The red part is what I will be building, the black part is the existing bathroom/ utility room, and the X'ed out section is an existing wall I will tear out after I get the new structure weather tight.



I marked out the spot on the ground where I will build the new structure. As it stands, a portion of the septic drain field and all of the dry well system is buried under where I am building, not to mention the pine tree. It looks like my next job is to start digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment